Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Newbie!

Soooo, I am new to the jewelry making and selling world but I'm trying to make it. I'm Jillian Mackowiak and I have been in love with jewelry since I can remember. I remember when I was in grade school my grandma or my mom would take me to the craft store to buy some materials. Back then (say about 11 or so yrs ago) my style was much different and of course simpler but I still spent so much spare time doing it.

Probably sometime around October/November of 2008, I discovered the site Etsy. I'm not sure where I'd been hiding because apparently it's been around for awhile, but it reminded me of my love for making jewelry. So I decided that after the holidays (I had to save all my extra money for Christmas gifts) I'd start making it again. And I actually did! My wonderful boyfriend Seamus (pronounced Shay-mus) got me a bunch of books and a $50 GC to a local craft store so I could start my collection of jewelry making supplies. I had so much fun just looking everything over but I had a very difficult time choosing what to purchase. My supplies have probably tripled in the 2 months that I've been working on it, but it is just as exciting everyt ime I go to make a purchase on Etsy or some local craft store.

I absolutely love this craft and hope to continue for a good long time. I've created a website for myself where I have begun to sell my jewelry, I hope you'll go check it out. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6556194 My user name is jillianmackowiak, if you happen to forget my website...or you can just type in jillianmackowiak.etsy.com . Any of the above should work for you. Check it out and let me know what you think!

....and I will keep you all posted in my experiences of jewelry making!

No comments: